A few last minute tips and reminders:
- You can only buy for 4 people.
- If you pre-registered and got a badge with Preview Night, you cannot buy a new badge for yourself this go-round. If you got any other kind of badge, you can.
- Once you're in the waiting room, do not hit F5 or refresh. You'll go right to the back of line, also known as Staying Home This July.
- The number that tells you your place in line should refresh every 2 minutes. If it seems stuck, CCI's official advice is to take a screenshot and call them, but I think we all know what that's going to get you. It isn't a four-day badge.
- Once you're in, you need to enter your last name and Member ID. So please make sure your name is spelled properly in your Member ID account, and that your friends buying your badge also know how to spell it.
Not to go negative, but I must point out what I feel is a huge flaw in this system. You can buy for up to 4 people, yes. My version of logic tells me that it would make sense to enter all four names and Member IDs at once, and then the credit card information to buy all of them at one shot.
Instead, the process is that you enter them one at a time - last name, Member ID, credit card information, confirmation. Then you select Buy Another Badge and start over - the next last name, Member ID, credit card information, confirmation. And so on.Which means, given how fast badges sell out, that some people will most certainly wind up with mismatching badge types within their own family or group of friends.
Sometimes I wish it was 2006 again.
I will be on Twitter monitoring all the furor, and will try to post there and here any sell-outs as they happen. I know that seeing those can be an awful feeling when you're still in line, but people do like to know. Feel free to email me, comment on here or hit me on Twitter with your experience - I will be posting what I hear.