We're still a few weeks from the Con but there's already drama about Hall H lines. And it's coming from CCI itself. Apparently there will be "work" going on up until July 10 - they didn't say what - and they are nervous about the first die-hard Hall H campers (those would be Breaking Dawn fans) interfering with said work. It's all very vague. How I wish CCI would hire an effective communications team.
Here's the message in its entirety:
While Comic-Con discourages any line-ups in advance at Plaza Park outside Hall H, if you do find yourself in line for an extended period of time, please adhere to these rules:
For safety issues we cannot allow anyone to line up in the Park until ALL tents, canopies, stanchions and work is completed at the Park. This also includes areas adjacent to the park, so please no waiting nearby for work to be completed. We anticipate that all work will be finished sometime Tuesday morning (July 10), however this is not a guarantee.
Because this is a safety issue, we have been told that anyone waiting in the area before all work is completed will be asked to leave regardless of time of arrival or length of time they have been waiting.
In an effort to accommodate as many people as possible with the least amount of impact for all, please follow the rules below:
- Camping is not allowed.
- No tents, canopies, inflatables, cots, beds, furniture, large coolers, heaters, large fans, large umbrellas, chaise lounges, open flames, or anything of similar size of any kind as determined by the Convention Center.
- You are allowed to have one chair per person of relatively normal size. You may use a sleeping bag or blanket as well, provided it is only taking up the space of one person.
- No facilities or services will be available in the Park, so plan accordingly.
- Restroom access will be available in Lobby G of the Convention Center from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM each night starting Tuesday, July 10. No other access to facilities will be available.
- Please respect the grounds and dispose of trash in trash receptacles. Please do not leave any trash or waste behind.
- No "saving" a spot in line unless it is only temporary, such as a restroom break.
Did you know Comic Con "discourages" advance Hall H lines? That's news to me.
Wednesday morning last year
So now you know that you can have a sleeping bag, but no cots or beds, and you can't camp, but there will be overnight restroom access just in case you do. Okay then.
Possibly tomorrow we'll get some solid Preview Night news; if not, Thursday should definitely be the day the programming scheduling starts to get published.