What does the term "Family HQ" convey to you? I picture 2 things:
1) The Manson Family Ranch
2) A quiet lounge of sofas and nursing stations with an adjoining boisterous playroom
And both would be dead wrong, because Emerald City Comicon's Family HQ sounds like one of the best parts of the Con. So if you skipped right over it, thinking it wasn't for you, back up and consider these offerings.
- Science shows involving electricity, liquid nitrogen, engineering and more
- An all-girl youth roller derby league
- Classes in stop-motion animation and comic art
- A special Lego area
- Green screen photo ops with characters from the Jungle Book (the new one)
- Junior Jedi Knight training
How fun does that sound? You could become the next Ray Harryhausen or Marie Curie, get your picture taken with Shere Khan, and defeat the Sith. Or your offspring can at least.
This runs every day of the Con; check the mobile app for exact schedules.