The new year is barely standing up on its shaky colt legs, yet the pop culture dragon of the summer is already advancing: San Diego Comic-Con 2015 will be over and done with 6 months from today. Doesn't that seem incredible? 6 months from this moment, we'll be broke, tired, energized and slightly stunned, while already plotting ways to score in 2016 Pre-reg.
The means we have 6 months to:
- live or die in the Open Registration badge sale
- book a hotel
- sign up with KiddieCorp
- lock down a parking spot
- figure out which outside events we want to buy tickets to
- get our legs and lungs into decent walking shape
- prepare all our portfolio and marketing materials
- finalize our cosplay
- sign up for the Masquerade, Portfolio Review & Comic Creator Connection
- plot our game plans for buying exclusives
- decide which panels are worth the lines
- actually undergo the fiery crucible that is San Diego Comic-Con
Yeah, it's a lot. Of course, most of us will skip quite a few things on that list, but still: 6 months is not a lot of time. Obviously badge and hotel sales are on CCI's timeline, and hopefully we won't wait too long for those. Ditto the parking sale. But I think once things get underway - the studio announcements, the exclusive previews - it's all going to go very fast this year. Even though Con is only a few weeks ahead of its normal spot.
Comic-Con will be behind us, 6 months from today. It just seems impossible.