ECCC cosplayers: if you want to demonstrate your glory for all and sundry next March, you can register for the Emerald City Comicon costume contest between 5 January and 27 February. You need to have your gameplan mapped out when you sign up (for the most part) so start thinking about it now if you haven't already.
The content will happen on Saturday, 28 March, at 8:00 pm. Excitingly, there are new categories for 2015.
If you want to participate in the contest:
You need a Saturday pass and you need to register for the costume contest itself. Here are the rules:
- You must know what your costume is.
- Your costume must be new - you can't recycle last year's. However, "new" in this instance means "cannot have been used to compete at ECCC or any other costume contest." If you just walked around in it at another Con, that's fine.
- You can enter as a single person, a couple/duo or a group - limit is 9 people.
There are two categories, which I'll quote verbatim because I have no idea what "Worbla" is:
- Tailoring (costume primarily cloth, fabric, spandex, etc. with emphasis on tailoring)
- Tinkering (working w/ Worbla, electronics, armor, anime-sized weapons, with emphasis on hardware)
If you want to attend the contest:
You need a Saturday pass. You don't need an extra ticket beyond that; you just need to get in line.
I have no idea what the prizes are or what expertise level is expected at this contest. But given that cosplay seems to be a serious pastime across the globe, I'd imagine we'll see some impressive costumes. At any rate, this might help some people decide whether or not to buy a Saturday pass.
Post a Comment