Last year I did a "Comic-Con on a Budget" post and it was immensely popular. I'm going to do one for this year too, so look for it this weekend. Why am I mentioning this now? Because I feel bad about all of the pricey exclusives and events I keep posting. I don't want to suggest SDCC is some kind of 1% Nerd Club. You can have fun at the Con even if you're strapped for cash.
That said, let's talk about all of the pretty HBO Game of Thrones and True Blood merchandise you're going to want to splurge on. The Pop Up Shop will be at Market Street & 8th Ave at these times:
Here are some of the things you can get there:
- Dark Horse Collectibles like a Weirwood Tree Snow Globe ($99.99) and a Map Markers Set ($199.99), "which allows fans to plot out battles in their own war to win the Iron Throne."
- Figures of Jamie, Cersei and Tyrion Lannister, and Robb & Arya Stark (no Sansa?) and a White Walker, all for $24.99 each.
There will be plenty of figures and exclusives at the Con, some of them quite spendy:
- Living Language Dothraki: A Conversational Language Course Based on the Hit Original HBO Series Game of Thrones is a real book. You can meet the "culture consultant" who created the language - David J. Peterson - at Booth #1515 on Friday and Saturday from 3-4pm.
- A Tyrion Lannister Threezero's figure will be on display at Booth #2401. $130.
- Booth #1506 will have HBO titles at 30% off, including Inside Game of Thrones Seasons 1 & 2, and True Blood: Drinks & Bites cookbook, and Steve Newlin's Field Guide to Vampires.
- Finally, Composite Effects is doing "new hyper-realistic line of masks and prosthetics" of White Walkers. Prices range from $640-$1590 for each individual piece, and from $1300-$2960 for a complete set. Booth #2944.
So there you go - True Blood may be about to die the true death, but it's going to go out in a blaze of merchandise.
Post a Comment