Today CCI announced the badge resale - which is going to be a drawing. Below are the facts.
- "Several thousand" single day badges are available
- 3100 of these are Saturday badges - which begs the question of how many the above "several thousand" refers to
- They will be offered via a random drawing
- You can enter this drawing now by logging into your Member ID account and clicking the blue sign
- The drawing closes 12 June at 10:59 pm PST
- Winners will be notified by email on or before 17 June
You must already have a Member ID, and you can't already possess a 4 day badge.You can get badges for yourself and one friend, who must also have a Member ID.
Does this drawing hint at future registrations that are a full-on lottery? Will we see the complete abolition of the annual technology fail that is Registration Day? CCI said that EPIC was too busy to offer their usual services because they were "focused on coordinating onsite registration." (I at first took this literally to mean that some type of pre-registration would be happening onsite again this summer. Then I realized they probably were referring to badge processing.)
So there you have it. The odds aren't great for you if you're one of a bajillion people logging into their Member ID accounts at this very moment, but at least you won't suffer a stroke trying to get into EPIC's waiting room.